How light is level 10 hair?
- After applying bleach, watch the hair closely and rinse when you reach the right level.
- If you are serious about taking your client blonde, the only acceptable bleaching levels are levels 9-10.
Some examples of Level 10 Hair:
Some examples of hair that has not been lightened sufficiently:
- When bleaching your client's hair, if you only got it to orange/yellow or yellow/orange like in the 2 pictures above, it essentially means that you have not bleached the hair enough.
- The solution in this case is to resume this lightening process by applying more bleach.
- Both Ugly Duckling bleaches will take hair up to level 10 with the use of 20 or at most 30 Vol developer.
- If you are not able to get appropriate results with your bleach mixture, you should deep-dive into why your bleaching came up short.
- Chances are you used a poor quality bleach.
- Adding extra strong developer (eg 40 Vol) if you did that in the hopes of getting it to lift will only make matters worse.