Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V/10.2
- Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V/10.2 gives an extra light blonde hair color result with a "platinum blonde" effect.
- Violet reflect neutralizes the yellow pigments occurring naturally in the hair to give a cold blonde look.
- Visibly improved hair condition and softness thanks to Argan Oil.
- Low ammonia, pleasant floral fragrance.
- Made in Europe.
- Paraben free.
- Extra large 3.5 oz tube.
- For professional use.
In order to obtain best color results with Ugly Duckling Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V/10.2, follow instructions below:
- Mix 1:1 with developer.
- Choose your developer according to lift needed: 20 vol for 1-2 levels lift, 30 vol for 2-3 levels lift.
- Development time: 30 minutes without heat, 20 minutes with heat.
- Add 10 extra minutes of development time in the case of very resistant grey hair.
- Emulsify and wash with a mild shampoo.
How to Get the Best Platinum Blonde Hair Color Result Using Ugly Duckling Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V
Getting Platinum Blonde
Platinum blonde is one of the most popular and most desired blonde looks in a salon.
Getting a true platinum blonde, without any trace of yellowness, generally requires 2 separate stages of coloring - 1 stage to lift the hair color, and 1 stage to ton ethe hair color.
Step 1: Lifting the hair color level
The first step is to lift your client's hair color level from its current level to a level 10. Use Ugly Duckling Brilliant Blonde mixed with 30 Vol. developer. Make sure that the mixture has a gravy-like consistency, neither too dry nor too wet. The recommended proportions is 1 part Brilliant Blonde to 2 parts developer.
Apply and let the mixture develop until you have reached a level 10. At this level the color of your customer's hair will be a very pale yellow.
If after 30 minutes, you have not achieved this level, we recommend that you wash off and re-apply. Generally, bleaches stop working when the mixture is dry, so a fresh mixture will work better. Always stay clear of the roots.
Step 2: Toning using Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V
Now you are ready to start toning. Make a fresh mix of Ugly Duckling Extra Light Cool Blonde 10V with 20 Vol Hair Color Developer. Apply your mixture quickly and evenly to sectioned hair. Only leave it until it has effectively toned out all the last traces of yellow and you have a real platinum blonde hair color result. If you leave it too long, it may end up giving your hair a violet colored tinge.
Emulsify well and rinse. Then let your client enjoy her beautiful platinum blonde hair!
For maintaining her hair, you can suggest to her tone regularly with violet shampoo. This will allow your customer to maintain and enjoy her hair color without frequent trips to the salon.
Incidentally, we are often asked whether a colorist can use a violet shampoo instead of a proper toning process using 10V.
The answer is "No".
Violet shampoo is great for after color care to maintain the appearance of the color result, but a true color toning is necessary in the salon to neutralize the yellowness naturally present in blonde hair.