ONE SIMPLE QUESTION
Ugly Duckling started with one simple question: why can't a professional color line be gentle on the hair?
We wanted to give hair professionals a new way of coloring that would give softness and shine as well as color vibrancy.
ONE SIMPLE ANSWER
Thanks to Argan Oil, Ugly Duckling gives outstanding color results and great hair condition at the same time. Hair which is actually smoother, plumper and softer after coloring compared to before.
In addition to Argan oil, we are really proud of the innovations that we have packed into our hair color. Here are 10 of them:
- Our toners are the fastest acting and whitest on the market.
- Our ashes are ashier than most on the market. So less brassiness.
- Our ash grey additive and ash blue additive are really useful tone-down tools: no more orange, no more yellow.
- Our colors in general are more long lasting than other colors on the market. And give richer, more 3D results thanks to some unique pigments.
- High lift colors for customers who wish to avoid using bleach.
- No staining, no bleeding. So you can do shadow roots and melts.
- Anti-breakage bleach, anti-breakage hair products.
- Purple shampoo and mask for maintaining blonde color.
- Consistent creamy quality. A bigger range of pre-blended colors.
- Less than 3% ammonia for very gentle coloring. Paraben-free, gluten free & animal cruelty free.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH PRODUCTS TO BRING OUT?
We work very closely with a select group of hair colorists around the world (the same ones who produce our video tutorials) and we brainstorm with them about how to solve their coloring problems. If you have an idea or a product request, please do contact us. We are interested!
WHERE DO I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Online. Please go to www.uglyducklingcolor.com. Please fill in your details including your cosmetology license to open your account. Shipping is free for US customers.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY PRODUCTS?
We ship out orders on the same day with a 12 noon cut off (Pacific Standard Time) from our distribution center in LA.
Regular shipping generally takes about a week. It can be a little faster or slower depending on your exact zip code.
Please note that our distribution center is not accessible to the general public. It is not possible to pass by and "pick up some products"!
HOW CAN I BE SURE YOUR PRODUCTS WON'T GET DIVERTED?
Because we are fully in control of our own distribution and because we monitor prices very carefully. For more information, please read our anti-diversion policy.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS ANIMAL CRUELTY FREE?
Yes they are. We are against all testing on animals.
We also don't sell in China, where animal testing is required (unbelievable and unconscionable, but true).
CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE THE US?
We ship to Canada & Mexico, most countries in South America, most countries in the EC, South Africa, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, Australia & New Zealand.
DO YOU OFFER COLORING TUTORIALS?
We hear this question a lot! Here's the answer:
- We concentrate our education on producing video tutorials which are available on our Facebook page. We try and upload one tutorial or new look pretty much every day.
- Our blog page tutorials are constantly being updated and enlarged and added to. Please go there for coloring knowledge.
- We have also started offering paid webinars on our website. Please go here to learn more.
- We are always very happy to answer coloring questions via email and on FB.
- We do offer live training at some beauty shows - although not now, through, because of COVID.
Very often customers send in images of their clients' hair, and we try and make a recommendation. Please do understand, there is no one solution, and there are indeed many ways when it comes to coloring.
But hopefully our customers do take our online training in the spirit that it is offered - as a suggestion, and nothing more.
DO YOU GIVE BETTER PRICING TO PROFESSIONAL STYLISTS?
Yes we do. But you need to apply for our Privilege Partner Program and submit an image upload of your cosmetology license which we will need to check first before we give you access to this pricing. The application process typically takes a couple of days.
Benefits that Privilege Partner Members are entitled to vary from time to time, but include the following:
- Special pricing, even when buying just one tube of color.
- Access to deals on bulk purchases.
- Monthly newsletters with news of upcoming promotions and coloring tips.
In order to apply for the Privilege Partner Program, please visit our deals page and fill in the short form. Please remember to upload a current cosmetology license. We will get back to you within 2 days.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WHOLESALE/DISTRIBUTOR ENQUIRIES?
Yes we are. Many wholesalers do work with us and find that our brand makes an interesting and profitable addition to their current portfolio of products.
If you have a beauty store and you would like to give your customers the possibility of purchasing Ugly Duckling products from you, please do contact us through the "Contact Us Form" and we will get back to you.
CAN COSMETOLOGY STUDENTS BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Small quantities, yes. At trade shows, yes. But in order to purchase larger quantities and for special pricing and deals, you do need to be fully qualified. Our hair coloring products are not really suitable for trainees.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU GUYS?
The best way is to contact us via the contact us form. You can also FB message us. We try to handle all emails & messages within 24 hours. Your parcel and your questions are important to us, which is why we also reply on weekends and public holidays.
HOW COME I CAN'T FIND YOUR PHONE NUMBER?
Obviously we do have a phone! But we are not yet geared up to have a 24 hour answering service. So we would prefer that you email us or message us. We reply to all messages within 24 hours.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Real Products for Real Hairdressers.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Help colorists make the most of their talents and produce new, stunning looks.
WHAT WE PROMISE YOU
To treat you fairly.
Most of our customers are customers who have bought before. Some have bought 20 or 30 times.
So it is in our interest to treat you well. We hope you will become one of them!