ONE SIMPLE QUESTION
Ugly Duckling started with one simple question: why can't a professional color line be gentle on the hair?
We wanted to give hair professionals a new way of coloring that would give softness and shine as well as color vibrancy.
ONE SIMPLE ANSWER
Thanks to Argan Oil, Ugly Duckling gives outstanding color results and great hair condition at the same time. Hair which is actually smoother, plumper and softer after coloring compared to before.
In addition to Argan oil, we are really proud of the innovations that we have packed into our hair color. Here are 10 of them:
- Our ashes are ashier than most color lines. So less brassiness.
- Our pearl blonde and silver blonde toners deliver the most stunning white blonde and silver blonde results. They act really fast, even on wet hair.
- Our greys and our fashion colors give uniquely vivid color results thanks to some great pigments.
- Our ash grey additive and ash blue additives are really interesting products - they counteracts brassiness in and add intensity in a really unique way.
- Our high lift colors allow customers who wish to avoid using bleach to do so.
- No staining, no bleeding.
- The best grey hair coverage in the market (developed and torture-tested on Asian hair). Now coming out with lanolin for greater scalp comfort.
- Consistent creamy quality.
- Less than 3% ammonia for very gentle coloring.
- Paraben free, gluten free & animal cruelty free.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH PRODUCTS TO BRING OUT?
We work very closely with a select group of hair colorists around the world (the same ones who produce our video tutorials) and we brainstorm with them about how to solve their coloring problems. If you have an idea or a product request, please do contact us. We are interested!
WHERE DO I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Please go to www.uglyducklingcolor.com. Please fill in your details including your cosmetology license. Shipping is free for US customers, and your tracking numbers get emailed to you.
We also do sell through a few independent beauty stores.
HOW CAN I BE SURE YOUR PRODUCTS WON'T GET DIVERTED?
Because we are fully in control of our own distribution and because we monitor prices very carefully. For more information, please read our anti-diversion policy.
CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE THE US?
We ship to Canada & Mexico, most countries in South America, countries in the EC, South Africa, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, Australia & New Zealand. We are also available in Singapore.
DO YOU OFFER COLORING TUTORIALS?
We hear this question a lot! Here's the answer:
- We concentrate our education on producing video tutorials which are available on our Facebook page. We try and upload one tutorial every week.
- In-depth color training comes in the form of blogs available on our website.
- We are very happy to answer coloring questions via email and on FB.
- If you write to us, we will email you the latest version of our Color Training Presentation. This presentation explains to stylists how to get started with our color line, and contains basic advice on mixes, developer choice, development time, when pre-lightening is required, how to use Brilliant Blonde etc.
- We do offer live training from time to time. We also do training when we participate at beauty shows.
Very often customers send in images of their clients' hair, and we try and make a recommendation. Please do understand, there is no one solution, and there are indeed many ways when it comes to coloring.
But hopefully our customers do take our online training in the spirit that it is offered - as a suggestion, and nothing more.
DO YOU GIVE BETTER PRICING TO PROFESSIONAL STYLISTS?
Yes we do. But you need to apply for our Privilege Partner Program and submit an image upload of your cosmetology license which we will need to check first before we give you access to this pricing. The application process takes only a couple of days.
Benefits that Privilege Partner Members are entitled to vary from time to time, but include the following:
- Special pricing, even when buying just one tube of color.
- Access to some seriously interesting deals on bulk purchases.
- Free shadecharts.
- Monthly newletter with news of upcoming promotions and coloring tips.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE PRIVILEGE PARTNER PROGRAM?
In order to apply for the Privilege Partner Program, please visit our deals page and fill in the short form. Please remember to upload a current cosmetology license. We will get back to you within 2 days.
CAN COSMETOLOGY STUDENTS BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Small quantities, yes. At trade shows, yes. But in order to purchase larger quantities and for special pricing and deals, you do need to be fully qualified.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU GUYS?
The best way is to contact us via the contact us form. That way we can trace your customer ID and respond quickly in case of order and return issues. But you are welcome to message us on Facebook also. We try to handle all emails, messages within 24 hours maximum. Your parcel and your question are important to us, so we also reply on weekends and public holidays.
HOW COME I CAN'T FIND YOUR PHONE NUMBER?
We are not yet geared up to have a 24 hour answering service which would be necessary, as we have customers across all time zones in the US and also around the world. So we would prefer that you email us or message us. We do reply, fast!
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Real Products for Real Hairdressers.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Help colorists make the most of their talents and produce new, stunning looks.