When You Don't Want to Use Bleach
- For dark hair which needs to be lifted by more than 3 levels, bleach is of course best.
- It's essentially the stylist's friend.
- But what happens if you have a client who is totally opposed to using hair bleach?
- In that case there is a workaround using Ugly Duckling products. We will explain in this blog.
First Do Your Hair Analysis
- The hair should ideally be virgin hair.
- If it has a lot of color build-up from previous hair colorations, it's not going to work.
- Be realistic with your client. What you are going to give her is highlights which will help brighten the overall look of the hair.
- You won't be able to achieve a level 10 platinum blonde. For that you would need bleach
Choose Your High Lift Color
- The best high lift colors here would be High Lift Blonde 100, High Lift Ash Blonde 100.10, and High Lift Deep Ash Blonde 100.11
- Use 30 Vol developer, making your mix 1 part color to 2 parts developer.
Apply on sections of the hair
- Apply on broad sections of the hair, saturating very well.
- If you want the lightness to shine through, you will need to put in a lot of highlights.
- Foil works well because it keeps in the heat thus allowing the hair to develop and lift more and faster.
- Rinse when done.
Watch the Video Tutorial Now
Hair by Elona Taki