From Dark Brown to Ruby Red
Do You Have Dark Brown Hair which you want to take to a Brilliant, Vibrant Ruby Red?
Learn How in this Tutorial.
STEP 1: Use Foil and Lift the Hair using Brilliant Blonde Lightener and 30 Vol Developer.
- Mix the lightener with the developer in the ratio of 1 part lightener to 2 parts developer.
- Section the hair and tie up using clips
- Start from the back and work your way around, as below
- Use foil and apply your lightener mix generously, trying to really saturate the hair as well as possible.
- If the hair is very dark, place your client under some gentle heat - it will help you lift quicker and better.
- Aim to lift to a level 8 minimum - see picture below.
STEP 2: Apply a mix of 5.66 and Ruby Red with 20 Vol to the entire head.
- Mix equal portions of 5.55 and Ruby Red.
- These colors are really vibrant and will get you that vibrant red result you are looking for.
- This time your mix will be 1 part total color used to 1 part developer.
- Use 20 Vol developer this time, as the hair is already lifted.
- Once again, really saturate the hair with the product.
- Leave in the hair 30 minutes, then rinse.
Final Result: Vibrant Ruby Red Hair
Watch Video Tutorial Here:
- Brilliant Blonde Lightener
- Ruby Red, 5,66
- 20 and 30 Vol Developer
Hair by Brittney Perez