Do you have a dark regrowth that you are trying to lift - WITHOUT Bleach?
Level 6 Regrowth
Level 5 Regrowth
- If you are looking to get yellow or orange out of your client's hair and you don't want to use bleach, we have a solution for you.
- It's the Ugly Duckling High Lift Series
- But it doesn't mean that you can't be a lazy colorist.
- You can't just dump it all over and expect the whole thing to work.
- You will need to first target the dark area and lift that.
- Let us show you how!
First, Choose Your High Lift Ugly Duckling Color.
- Choose your preferred color from the Ugly Duckling High Lift Series.
- All Ugly Duckling High Lift Colors begin with a 100.
- For a regular blonde look, use High Lift Blonde 100.
- For an ashy blonde look, use High Lift Ash Blonde 100.10 or High Lift Deep Ash Blonde 100.11.
Second, Choose Your Developer & Apply to the Regrowth Area Only.
- If your roots is as dark as in the picture above (level 5-6) you will need 30 Vol Developer to get the required lift.
- The mix ratios for high lift colors is 1 part color to 2 parts developer.
- Apply the mix first on the dark regrowth part only.
- You can apply foils on this area just as you would for bleach - it keeps the heat in and allows the hair to process faster & higher.
- We did that in the picture you see right at the top of the page.
- Wait 20 - 30 minutes or until the hair has lifted all the way up to the lengths.
Mix Your High Lift Color with 30 Vol Developer, 1:2 Ratio. 30 minutes development time.
Apply to Root Area First to Lift It.
Third, Make a Fresh Mix (20 Vol Developer Only) & Extend to the Lengths for the last 5-10 minutes.
- Make a fresh mix when there is about 10-15 minutes of development time left.
- 20 Vol will be enough for this mix if your ends are pretty light.
- Process and rinse.
Fourth, Massage in Purple Shampoo and/or Purple Mask
- Generally speaking, even after following the steps above you may find that there is some residual unevenness when you rinse.
- This is where Brilliant Blonde Purple Shampoo and Mask comes in.
- It's got intense purple pigments which can take out any remaining yellow & get your hair to a pristine while blonde - all over.
Final Result Below Shows:
- Double Application of an Ugly Duckling High Lift Color
- 10 minutes massage with Brilliant Blonde Purple Shampoo
- No Bleach!
The Final result. Consistent Deep Ash Blonde Result.
Color Tutorial by Elona Taki.