Learn in this Video How to do this Purple Shadow Root today.
STEP ONE: UGLY DUCKLING LIGHTENER ON THE ROOT AREA, THEN EXTEND
- Start off by mixing Brilliant Blonde a couple of scoops with 30- Vol developer.
- The ratio is 1 part bleach to 2 parts developer.
- It should be mixed into a creamy texture.
- Start by applying the bleach to the new growth which as you can see is very dark.
- It takes around 15 minutes at the most
- Wait until you get to a 15 minutes to get to pale yellow
- Check by peeling back.
- For the last 5 minutes apply all over to get an even tone
- then wash and blow dry.
- As you can see it is a perfect pale yellow.
Mix Bleach & Developer
Apply Bleach to the Root Area
Peel back to check whether the hair is lifting
Extend to the full head for 5 minutes, then rinse.
STEP TWO: APPLY VIOLET & INTENSE SILVER BLONDE TO THE ROOT AREA
- For the new growth, mix Ugly Duckling intense silver blonde (2 parts) with 1 part violet.
- Ugly Duckling's violet does not bleed into the blonde hair
- It this stays where you put it.
- One part color and one part 20 Vol developer is the mix that is used here.
- Start applying to the new growth.
- You can go a bit lower if you like
- Continue apply to the entire root area, working your way around.
- It should look something like this when you are done.
This is what the hair should look like after bleach, rinse & blow dry: a perfect pale yellow.
Violet & Intense Silver Blonde Mix ready to be applied
Apply on root area. You can go down a little bit: up to you.
STEP THREE: INTENSE SILVER BLONDE TO THE ENDS
- After 15 minutes, make a new mix of intense silver blonde.
- Along with 20 Vol developer. 1 part color and 2 parts developer to give it a little more lift.
- Go and apply to the blonde pieces.
- You can overlap it a little, it won't bleed. It stays where you put it.
- Leave on for another 10-15 minutes.
- When you see the result that you want, rinse it out.
- You can see the final result below
- As you can see, the hair is in perfect condition.
- Blow dry and style & you are good to go.
Now apply the silver blonde to the ends.
Rinse when done
The final result.
Hair by Elona Taki