Purple Shampoo Before & After
Our model came in with blonde hair which was very brassy and in need of color correction.
Purple Shampoo - Before
We used Purple Shampoo and Mask on our model.
You can see here that we managed to tone the brassy hair and get everything white blonde thanks to these products.
Purple Shampoo - After
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW WE DID THIS TRANSFORMATION:
How to Use Purple Shampoo and Mask: 9 Steps to an Incredible Hair Color Transformation
In the case above and also below our model had a dark regrowth in addition to brassy lengths.
This can happen - it is in fact a very common in-salon situation.
You can use bleach followed by Purple Shampoo and Mask to totally change and transform your client's hair in such situations.
Here is what you need to do
Follow the 9 steps below:
1. Use Ugly Duckling bleach on the regrowth area and lift.
2. Rinse the hair & towel-dry.
3. Apply Purple Shampoo and rub in very thoroughly.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water.
5. Now apply the Purple Mask.
6. You can use either a brush or your fingers. Apply more on the ends, less towards the root area, just as with any hair mask.
7. Massage in very thoroughly. Make sure that every part of the hair has come into contact with the mask.
8. Wrap up in plastic and apply some gentle heat. This will help condition the hair as well as get those purple pigments in.
9. Rinse with cool or tepid water.
WATCH VIDEO NOW!
Hair by Elona Taki
1. How does Purple Shampoo work?
Ugly Duckling's Purple Shampoo contains intense purple pigments.
Purple is the exact opposite of yellow on the color wheel (see below).
The purple pigments in the purple shampoo act to counteract yellowness in blonde hair.
By applying it, you can make blonde hair more white, and less yellow.
The Hair Color Wheel. Purple Neytralizes Yellow.
2. What about Purple Mask? Why do I need to use this in addition to Purple Shampoo?
Purple shampoo contains a lot of cleansing ingredients - it's a shampoo, after all.
Purple mask, on the other hand, is a pure hair in-salon conditioning treatment with purple toning added in.
It mask contains only toning & treatment agents as well as essential oils including Argan and Avocado oil.
It is therefore very suitable for leaving on the hair for an extended period of time (10 minutes, for example).
We recommend that you use both products if you can.
3. Who should use Purple Shampoo & Mask & When?
Ugly Duckling's Purple Shampoo and Mask can be used at the backwash, straight after bleaching or coloring.
This is a good way of getting hair whiter and cancel yellow pigments.
Purple Shampoo and Mask can also be used as maintenance products, to keep blonde hair white and yellow-free.
When using as a post bleaching or coloring product, rub in thoroughly and be generous with the quantity of product used.
When used as a maintenance product, we recommend you use it a couple of times a week, or whenever the hair looks like it is in danger of getting yellow.
Any women with hair which is blonde level 9 and up can use Purple Shampoo and Mask.
Women with naturally white (grey) hair can also use it to keep hair white and stop grey and yellow tints from showing on it.
Women with blonde highlights can also use Ugly Duckling purple shampoo and mask.
It will not stain low lights or a darker base underneath.
4. Do Purple Hair Products Stain the hair or turn the hair purple?
It is true that many purple treatment products on the market stain the hair purple.
Not only the hair - also white towels and white pillow cases.
With some of these staining products, consumers are obliged to only apply on dry hair. Or only apply small amounts at a time.
However, Ugly Duckling Purple Shampoo and Mask do not stain - no matter how much you use and whether the hair is wet or dry..
In fact, we do encourage that you apply on wet hair, as you can see in our videos.
And also that you use fairly large quantities.
This is what allows the transfer of purple anti-yellowing pigments to take place from the product onto your hair.
The fact that Brilliant Blonde Purple Shampoo and Mask do not stain is one of the major reasons that hairdressers use these products.
5. Which are the best Purple Products?
We do recommend Ugly Duckling Purple Shampoo and Mask over other purple products for a few reasons:
1. They tone really efficiently without staining.
2. They are sulfate-free. Which means they are very gentle and can be used as often as you like.
3. Ugly Duckling purple shampoo and mask are acidic formulations. This is very rare even among professional haircare products.
It means that the products will help close the cuticle and return the hair to its regular acidity.
4. They are professional products. Stylists can use them at the backwash straight after bleaching.
WATCH VIDEO OF PURPLE SHAMPOO USED AT THE BACKWASH:
Hair by Elona Taki
6. How should I use Purple Shampoo?
Make sure the hair has been correctly lifted to level 9 blonde.
See picture below of the hair bleaching levels to see what level 9 looks like.
Use plenty of product. It is really important that the hair gets into contact with plenty of product.
Massage in very very thoroughly.
Leave in for 5 minutes.
Rinse with lukewarm water.
The Bleaching Levels
7. How should I use Purple Mask?
Make sure that the hair has been correctly lifted to level 9 blonde.
See picture below of the hair bleaching levels to see what level 9 is.
Apply a lot of product.
Rub into the hair very thoroughly
Wrap up in a hot towel
Leave in for 10 minutes - apply gentle indirect heat (steamer etc)
Rinse with lukewarm water.
8. How often can I use these products?
We would suggest both products once a week to keep hair sparking white blonde.
The products are sulfate-free and acidic, meanning they help return the hair to its natural acidity level.
You can therefore use these products as often as you like.
9. Do I apply Ugly Duckling Purple Shampoo and Mask on Dry Hair?
Apply the shampoo, like any normal shampoo, after wetting the hair.
And apply the mask on clean, moist, towel-dried hair.
10. Is Purple Shampoo and Mask only for Caucasian hair or Blonde European hair types?
Not at all. It can be used for any hair - even very dark hair - that has been lifted to blonde.
In the pictures below, you can see a Hispanic model, who came in with level 4 dark brown hair.
We lifted it all the way up to level 10, and toned and then we used Purple Shampoo and Mask to tone it some more.
APPLICATION OF PURPLE MASK AT THE BACK WASH
Hispanic model - hair was initially dark brown and was lifted & toned before purple shampoo & mask.
Application of Purple Mask after Bleaching at the Backwash
After Bleaching, Toning & Purple Mask: Flawless.
Hair by Ashley Betancourt